Take a walk on The Wild Side with Seamheads.com’s Mike Lynch, who digs deep into his archives of obscure baseball history to present some of the most amazing and unusual characters and events the game has ever seen.
Meet gamblers, brawlers, and cheats, odious owners, vindictive wives, obsessive fans, odd ball All Stars, and more, whose on-field exploits and sideline shenanigans earned them a permanent place in baseball’s Hall of Really?!
- The umpire who tossed out two batters…in the same at bat
- The top-notch catcher who ended up murdering his family and then turning the gun on himself
- The Hall of Famer who stole another player’s bat and unabashedly claimed it as his own
- The player who narrowly missed being killed by a train, only to try to kill a policeman later that same year
- The woman who taunted a pitcher from the top of a tree and rattled him into ruining his record-setting streak
- The player who was thrown out in the first 16 steal attempts of his career
- The inside story behind the shocking trades of Tom Seaver and Frank Robinson that rocked the baseball world
Volume 3 of Mike Lynch’s critically acclaimed Baseball’s Untold History series takes readers beyond where Volume 1 (The People) and Volume 2 (The World Series) went—all the way to the Wild Side.